The Library Show

Monday, March 21, 2011

Job hunting? Use Twitter

I dusted off my way back machine to pull up the blog I had to create for a class I took a few years ago. Look how young I am in the picture! My last posting date was in 2006. As you can see, I didn’t keep up with it. I read a lot of blogs, but actually blogging just isn’t for me.

I’ve also become a little more active on Twitter. Again, I’m more of a follower than a leader on Twitter, but I’ve found it to be a useful medium for certain things. One of which is job postings. There are several users who post job listings for industry specific jobs. I follow several for library related positions. While I am not currently looking for a job, it’s a way to see who is hiring and where and other trends that are happening in “real time” in the library world. It’s also a quick way to aggregate these postings, or collect them all in one spot, instead of searching for a particular system or individual sites. I’ve also found that some of these users tweet more than just open positions, but helpful information on how to interview or tweak your resume.

If you’re interested in taking your job search in this direction, here are a few suggestions of who to follow:




1 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

I hadn't thought of twitter for job postings, but it makes sense. Don't you wonder what the hot NEW technology will be???

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home